What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview. EMS 37 pin connector

ron sterba

Well Known Member
Wanting to hook up pin number one which is red in color for a voltage reading. The 26 gauge wire comes in the harness where would you hook up that wire to find out what your voltage.? I have ATC fuse block.(20 fuses). I thought about the main terminal of the fuse block but was wondering with the amperage at the fuse block with that 26 gauge wire be damaged? ? I am looking in the manual installation guide volt meter set up and question number two there are five ranges that you can select for different voltage gauges,I have a 12 V system. appreciate your thoughts.thanks
Ron RV9A

Current

Professional electronics guys will laugh at me for this, but I would describe it this way:

Amperage (Current) is pulled in a circuit, not pushed. In other words, the current in that wire will only be what the Dynon requests (which is negligible). So the small wire can be hooked to any place that has a valid voltage.

It?s a 22 gauge wire in the Dynon harness. It can be hooked anywhere that has voltage, but it certainly wouldn?t hurt to have it run through a fuse.

The OP may be referencing the Dynon manual's suggestion for either a 1 amp fuse or a short piece of 26 gauge wire, which would melt should there be a short.

Thanks Chuck,Jesse & Ray. Ok will hook up to something fused. My lead is close to my nav Light switch that has a vacant spade. If I hook it up here would you suggest a one amp fuse off that switch to the red lead?

Then my next question is on the those 5 voltage variables normal/caution ranges gauge listed in Dynon’s installation manual on the Skyview 10 Touch which one should I select? Again 12volt Odessy battery is what’s in my 9A.

Yes I have been flying for 20months without the voltage. Never did hook up. Current was the most important because if there was a change in current statis in our wiring you would want to get down very so where as if you relied on the voltage you could have normal voltage up until the last amp and you might not have a working radio on your way back. It’s my passengers who look at the gauge and say “your voltage reads zero” a little concerning to those sitting right seat!

Thanks

The OP may be referencing the Dynon manual's suggestion for either a 1 amp fuse or a short piece of 26 gauge wire, which would melt should there be a short.

Don't have the manual in front of me, but isn't that for the Ammeter shunt?

Thanks Chuck,Jesse & Ray. Ok will hook up to something fused. My lead is close to my nav Light switch that has a vacant spade. If I hook it up here would you suggest a one amp fuse off that switch to the red lead?

Yes, 1 to 5 amps for 22g wire with 1 being sufficient for this connection..

Then my next question is on the those 5 voltage variables normal/caution ranges gauge listed in Dynon?s installation manual on the Skyview 10 Touch which one should I select? Again 12volt Odessy battery is what?s in my 9A.

If referring to the 5 volts OUT to sensors, they typically share that line for oil, fuel and manifold pressure.

Responses above.

I called Dynon today. Seems my installation manual for the Skyview of years ago, revision “G”. He said we are on revision “A G” now. Well it sounds like my page gore mentioned doesn’t exist anymore. As I got messages of normal alternator my voltage will be 13.5 to a little over 14, if the alternator fails voltage will be around 12 volts ( battery voltage ). Dynon tech said I can set voltage to desired valves with colors on the widgets.

Cheers
Ron

Back