What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Would someone in the Bay Area made showing their plane?

deltamike

I need a little help if someone has the extra time. I have a friend that wants to get back into flying for fun. He approached me a few weeks ago needing some advise on purchasing a plane. So far he has presented me with 4 planes of which the first two have failed the log book test. He has been looking at aging aircraft that were not that old when he learned to fly. LOL.

So here is the task. I have been ever so quietly trying to get him to see the value in a Vans RV. He has not been very excited about an (experimental) aircraft at all.

Well, He is somewhat interested now. Is there anyone in the Bay Area that has a nice plane, (that would make a production plane ashamed to fly) that wouldn't mind showing it to him and help educate him to ease his fears?

He lives close to Half Moon Bay.

Thank you in advance.

i fly my rv 7 there frequently for breakfast if we can work out a time i can show him a nice safe plane just need to find a weekend when the weather is good

Fantastic, Thank you, I will talk with him and get back to you guy's.

He is off to see an 8- today. He has already rented a hangar in OAK.
It has been a very interesting exchange between him and I. So many folks think an experimental aircraft is a Sears and Roebuck riding lawnmower that someone has outfitted with wings. It must come from the memory of Larry Walters in LA with balloons tied to his lawn chair packing a BB gun for altitude control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFFVVo9usFY

I can't wait to hear his thoughts after he sees the 8- today.

Back