What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Builders in Oklahoma

A number of flyers in the Tulsa area

There are a number of us flying -7's dont know about current builders, I am at Riverside where there are multiple RV variants.

What are you looking for?
Figs

I was hoping to be able to come take a look at oneor two. You know kinda try and figure out the options. I've never sat in one so would like to see how they fit for me. I'm not a tall guy. When in a Cessna I'm real close to the panel.

Oklahoma RV7A Owner

J.D.

While I did not build my RV7A but instead bought it from the builder in Denver, I will assure you there are a number of RV's in this state. Our OKC EAA Chapter 24 has a number of people who have built RV's. In fact one gentleman who was a grand champion award winner at Fun N Sun this year is now building an RV14.

If you haven't looked at the RV 14 I suggest you look at least look at one before you commit to a build project. I think of it as the RV7A on steroids! The one complaint I have about the 7 is cockpit space. The 14 fixes that problem yet still gives you the advantages of speed, aerobatic capability, and the RV grin! I saw one at AirVenture this year and it WAS NICE.

Be sure to join a local Tulsa area EAA chapter. You can find one on the EAA website. Chapter Tech Counselors are available to guide you through the process. OKC Chapter 24, that meets at KHSD on the second Thursday of every month, even has a hanger it will loan out when a chapter builder is nearing completion and needing addition space for final asymbly and initial testing.

Don't tackle this project alone! The greatest fun of owning an RV is the friendships that come along with the build/ownership process.

Oklahoma RV7A Owner

J.D.

While I did not build my RV7A but instead bought it from the builder in Denver, I will assure you there are a number of RV's in this state. Our OKC EAA Chapter 24 has a number of people who have built RV's. In fact one gentleman who was a grand champion award winner at Fun N Sun this year is now building an RV14.

If you haven't looked at the RV 14 I suggest you look at least look at one before you commit to a build project. I think of it as the RV7A on steroids! The one complaint I have about the 7 is cockpit space. The 14 fixes that problem yet still gives you the advantages of speed, aerobatic capability, and the RV grin! I saw one at AirVenture this year and it WAS NICE.

Be sure to join a local Tulsa area EAA chapter. You can find one on the EAA website. Chapter Tech Counselors are available to guide you through the process. OKC Chapter 24, that meets at KHSD on the second Thursday of every month, even has a hanger it will loan out when a chapter builder is nearing completion and needing addition space for final asymbly and initial testing.

Don't tackle this project alone! The greatest fun of owning an RV is the friendships that come along with the build/ownership process.

Back