What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any good BBQ near Amelia Earhart (K59)?

Rosie

Well Known Member
Looks like I may overnight here enroute to OSH... suggestions appreciated for any BBQ nearby or even a nearby airport :) Rosie

K81

K81 (Miami County) is about 60 south. They have BBQ on the field. K81 has served a lot of $100.00 BBQ sandwiches and breakfasts over the years.

I can swing you a vehicle and room at the house if you drop by OWI, we do have a pretty decent BBQ Restaurant offering some unique food in town. Easy Peasy!

Miami County is great but I am not sure of any places to stay close by. There might be.

Midwest National (KGPH) in Mosby (outside of Liberty/Excelsior Springs, MO) has a barbecue place a few miles away in an old train station-Wabash Barbecue-that is really good. They have a courtesy car and a deal on a Sleep Inn ($50 IIRC). Depending on when you come through, I may be able to help you out, as well.

Safe travels.
John
RV-8

We-B Smokin'

Thank you all for the suggestion to stop (and end our 8-hour flying day) at Miami County Airport (K81) just south of Kansas City! We had a GREAT BBQ meal and are now settled in at the Paola Inn for the night :) Rosie, Tuppergal, Sunblock and Rod

WeB_Smokin01.jpg

WeB_Smokin02.jpg

WeB_Smokin03.jpg

Last edited:
Great to hear, give us all a heads up if you swing by on the way home!

You got it! Rosie

Last edited by a moderator:
Back