What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical stabilizer anti-seize paste?

rdamazio

Well Known Member
In section 11 (page 11-6, step 1), Van's says:
"Apply a thin coating of Anti-Seize paste to the contact area of the Vertical Stabilizer Front Spar and VS-1016 Vertical Stabilizer Front Spar Attach Bracket"

Any recommendations on the specific product that should be used here? I looked up anti-seize paste and saw that graphite-based ones are bad for aluminum, so I'm assuming it's something else. I'm also assuming that "anti-seize paste" means something more specialized than "grease".

Also, I'm wondering why this specific contact is different from the many other parts that are bolted together - does the high loading on a single bolt mean it slightly moves?

Thanks

Also, I'm wondering why this specific contact is different from the many other parts that are bolted together - does the high loading on a single bolt mean it slightly moves?

Thanks

Yes, in rotation. You?ll notice, no standard locknut here-there?s a cotter pin.

Yes, in rotation. You?ll notice, no standard locknut here-there?s a cotter pin.

Isn't the same true of the single-bolt rear-spar attachment of the wing? I don't recall any recommendation for anit-seize there. Seems like a very similar assembly. I can't think of any others like that off hand.

Isn't the same true of the single-bolt rear-spar attachment of the wing? I don't recall any recommendation for anit-seize there. Seems like a very similar assembly. I can't think of any others like that off hand.

(guessing, but) maybe the main spar attachment is stiff enough that the rear spar just doesn't rotate enough to justify it?

Let me know if you have any product recommendations for the anti-seize btw :)

I used Permatex Copper on mine. When I asked Lycoming about CHT sensors and other stuff, they told me that they use the copper one, so I just bought that.

Back