What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electroair ignition leads

bob888

Well Known Member
I keep having spark plugs short out on my electroair system. I think it is because I can't seem to get the little wire springs properly stuck into the wire properly. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an alternative way to terminate the spark plug wires?

You can use auto plugs and terminate as auto style ends. I use the aircraft plugs and have no issues with terminating the wires.

I once had one go in a bit crooked about 20 years ago and it eventually started to short. Since then I make sure they go in straight and I've never had one short since. Just got to eye it straight and push even. You can feel the pin going down the spiral winding if it's straight.

I keep having spark plugs short out on my electroair system. I think it is because I can't seem to get the little wire springs properly stuck into the wire properly. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an alternative way to terminate the spark plug wires?

The little springs should be inserted,not in the middle of the wound conductor but touching the outside as the are pushed in. ElectroAir has a video showing this, I personally learned something new by watching it.

Back