What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Phone activated switch

Michael Henning

Well Known Member
I purchased a U-Phone-It switch from FST LLC(through ACS). It is extremely well built, and the customer support is outstanding. I had a question on Sunday, and texted the number in the manual. I got a call back shortly after that with the answer. There are two outlets on the unit and can be operated separately or even staged. I have it set up to turn on oil heat, then 4 hours later to turn on cabin heater for the final two hours. All run times are programmable, and the unit can be queried to see what outlets are on, and to check signal strength. To simplify the operation, there is a free app. The SIM card is $70 a year for unlimited access, no WiFi needed. It works great👍

I also purchased the U-Phone switch last fall, since no wi-fi available at my hanger. This little gadget works great, no problems. Check to see if you have AT&T service available where you place the unit. Owner, Karl Bumpers provides excellent support.

My house typically has poor coverage, it I had a signal strength of “5”, which was good enough. Hangar has a signal strength of “12” out of 18. I am impressed with the quality and forethought put into the design and operation of the unit. The SIM card can be swapped out to a different carrier, but $70 a year is cheaper than T-Mobile, so I will stay with ATT.

Last edited:
Back