What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plate Nuts

P

paul mosher

I just had the pleasure of replacing all the plate nuts on the F-785A backrest brace and the F-748 cover. Seems the previous owner saw the EAA video about plate nuts and destroyed them. The ones securing the brace could be turned with fingers alone, and a few of the others were stripped out.

Good Catch!

I just had the pleasure of replacing all the plate nuts on the F-785A backrest brace and the F-748 cover. Seems the previous owner saw the EAA video about plate nuts and destroyed them. The ones securing the brace could be turned with fingers alone, and a few of the others were stripped out.

I am glad that this forum promotes safety on so many levels:cool:

In what sense ? did he use a tap to open them up and killed them in that way ?

tap

Yes. Locking function destroyed where brace connects (structure). Must have cross threaded others.

Back