What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Updating 6a nose wheel fairing bracket part#?

dmat

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I saw a couple threads where folks upgraded their nose wheel fairing from the old style(where you need to remove the tire) to a new bracket system.

Does anyone have the part#?
How hard is the install?

Thanks,
D

Bracket replacement ...

The new bracket is easier to use if you want to remove the whole wheel pant for annual but that once a year ease isn't worth it in my opinion if that's the only reason you want to change it.

My old style bracket broke and the replacement bracket part wasn't available. I changed out the old bracket in an afternoon. You will end up with four to six new screw holes leaving the old ones very visible. It takes a fiberglass patch and new paint to get rid of the old holes. If you have a complex paint scheme on the wheel pant, that's a more tedious job than changing the bracket.

The new bracket is better, probably puts less stress into the attachment points, it is easier to get the whole wheel pant off, but it makes no difference in airing the tire up assuming you just remove the front cap and rotate the wheel.

Best advice .... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :) If it is broke, it's just something to get done. YMMV

Back