What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 327 Connector

slngsht

Well Known Member
I'm planning to go with 327 and uAvionix. Does anyone know if the connector in back of the 327 is a proprietary Garmin connector, or is it something like a generic DB 25 connector?

Thanks.

It is neither. You can buy them from the mfg, but they are not a common part, so cost about $60 each. You can get them used on e-bay for about $45.

I did this. The Garmin shell arrangement appears proprietary, but the crimp pins are the same. They insert into the connector the same as any other sub D. Mine is working fine. YMMV
Bob

Thanks guys. I just googled Garmin 327 Connector to find one to buy, and this thread was #7 on page 1 of the results. LOL

Ran across this page, which sells it, but also gives mil spec connector part number for anyone else interested in buying:
http://lane-pilot.com/GTX-327-transponder-connector-kit-install-a-Garmin_p_26.html

part numbers are:
(1) M24308/2-3F mil spec receptical

(1) M85049/48-1-3F mil spec back-shell

(25) mil spec std density DSUB socket contacts

(5) AWG 18 socket contacts (power)
(1) hardware set for mounting connector (includes self locking screws and lock nuts)

Thanks again.

I'm not sure where you are with this, but my GTX327 came with the tray and included the connector. I just crimped the pins on the wire and inserted them in the connector. You need the special crimper for this.
Bob

It is a DB25 and can be bought from Mouser for about $38 if you require the MIL SPEC version. The non MIL SPEC would be less.

Back