What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smoke-System-Helper Thank you! Marvin

Chkaharyer99

Well Known Member
Friend
I wanted to let you all know about my recent very positive experience with Marvin Homsley of Smoke System Helper http://www.smoke-system-helper.com/

I'm installing a smoke system in my RV-8.

Yesterday, I decided to buy a solenoid and ordered one from Marvin via his website. This morning I called him to see if I could add on a couple 90* fittings that I realized I needed. I was hoping to combine the order to save a few bucks on shipping.

Marvin told me my order for the solenoid was already at the Post Office. That alone is pretty impressive. Marvin gets up early apparently. For that I'm grateful.

Later I received a voicemail from Marvin indicating he went back to the Post Office, found my package had not shipped yet and took the time to combine/consolidate my parts order into one package and refund my shipping fees for the second order. He didn't have to do that but did.

Marvin is a great guy and provides outstanding customer service.

Thank you Marvin!

Marvin is a great guy!

And he's also great pilot!

Here's a shot of Marvin on my wing. (The middle RV)
P1170700AA.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice Shot

Mark, great shot. :) Small factoid.... Marvin used to hold an unlimited low level acro card and flew a Swift doing airshows for a couple of years. Pretty sure he used a Smoke Systems Helper smoke oil system back then as well ;)

Andy Kitchens flying his RV4 (just replaced with an RV8) behind Marvin!

BTW, we just put a 4 nozzle SSH system on Andy Kitchens new RV8 and man what a cloud! No flying bugs on our end of the airport! In my opinion, the other two nozzles are overkill but we can pump a gallon a minute if he wants to.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Smoke system

I'll add my 2 cents to the conversation and wholeheartedly agree that Marvin makes a great system. I upgraded mine from the electric solenoid shutoff valve to check valves and had the parts in just a couple days. Marvin is always available for tech support and backs his products 100%. Have been using the system for about 3 years and get great smoke with only about 1/2 a turn on the flow valve.

Mark, Marvin & Driller- looking forward to the PBF clinic this fall. You guys are always great hosts.

Driller- post pics of the new -8!!

Back