What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose Headset Purchases

rcarson

Well Known Member
I recently purchased 2 Bose headsets with blue tooth from Aircraft Spruce and have been very please with them. Before the purchase at the end of May I asked if it was normal for Bose to have specials during Airventure and was told by a sales associate that they don't do show specials. This week I recieved a brochure from Bose offering 10% off the second set during Airventure and a soft sider luggage value $125.00. So I called Bose to see if they would honor my purchase. I was told that even though they are backing the sale of authorised dealers and normally go back 90 days on previous purchased since they did not sell to me directly they would not honor the special. It seems that Bose is a retailer as well as a manufacturer and will not back the dealer sale.
I also called Spruce and they declined to honor the special stating that they did not advertise the special so it did not apply to their sale. In a rather condescenting way told me " it was a learning moment for me". I rather politely told her I would have put it another way. The moral of this tale is deal with Bose directly and as unusual as it is to have a manufacturer competing with it's dealers this is indeed what they do. Good luck, be warned!

Too bad Spruce has a 15% restocking charge, which I'm sure they'd apply. Otherwise you could return the headsets and buy from Bose.

You have nothing to lose by writing a letter to Jim Irwin expressing your disappointment in the whole matter. The person you talked to on the phone may not have been willing or able to do anything to make you happy, but he's certainly able to.

Ditto

You have nothing to lose by writing a letter to Jim Irwin expressing your disappointment in the whole matter. The person you talked to on the phone may not have been willing or able to do anything to make you happy, but he's certainly able to.

Yes, go straight to Jim. My years of experience with A/S is they really try to please their customers. He will talk to you.

Good luck. :)

Bose

I guess an upside could be that direct from Bose it would have cost you state sales tax. From ACS, maybe it didn't? Just a thought that maybe helps your day go better? Larry

That's good to get the word out.

In the end they will lose more money then if they just have you the discount.

Doesn't take but a few people to read this and change direction!

Same thing happened to me. Just got them a week ago. Purchased the headsets since it was also stated they do not normally offer specials.

Called Spruce also and they denied honoring the special.

Should have just waited to see. Learning moment.

Bose

Same thing here but bought from Sportys. I had called Bose and asked about specials and they said no. Then saw an ad in Flying with the offer discussed. Called Sportys. They said that it only applied during OSH. I bought 2 sets for the trip to OSH.........

This is a REALLY bad marketing technique to say the least. After reading this thread there is no way I am going to outfit the -10 with 3 additional Bose units. I have had great customer service with Lightspeed and they will get my future business for sure! Telling a potential buyer one thing and then doing the other is just plain dishonesty as far as I am concerned.

DC Pro-X

Speaking of ANR headsets, does anyone have any first hand experience with David Clark's newest, the DC Pro-X? AOPA's review was really good, but, I trust you guys. Supposedly they are nothing like the other offerings from DC.

After reading the Redemption form for the Free flight bag, "Brightline Bags B6 Convey FLEX System" I have a quick question.

Does the purchase of 2 headphones qualify you for Two Free Flight Bags?

Or is it counted as one purchase of two items?

Anyone know for sure?

john

Bose and Flight Bag

Can't say with authority, but a couple years ago they had a similar offer on Bose X headphones.... I bought 2 and got 2 flight bags and 10% off the second headset.

Can't say with authority, but a couple years ago they had a similar offer on Bose X headphones.... I bought 2 and got 2 flight bags and 10% off the second headset.

Verified through Bose CS. Purchase Two A20's and get Two Free flights bags.

john

We can confirm that the Bose OSH deal is 10% off the second headset and two flight bags if you buy two headsets. They may have been fighting the show special from Lightspeed for 800 for the Zulu.2 that everyone had. The new Lightspeeds look interesting, they are having some sensitivity issues with the prototypes that need to be worked out, expected delivery some time in September.

We opted for the Bose deal.

Back