What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Left tank fuel float question

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
Good day everyone, I am working on my fuel tanks and was wondering what most of you did with mounting the left tank fuel float with a flop tube. The plans are kind of cryptic here. My question is, did you attach nutplates directly to rear baffle or did you make a doubler to help support the sending unit? It seems that the plans show no doubler but the rear baffle is significantly thinner than the access plate one would normally mount the sender to. Thanks!

Just finished 2 leak free ( so far fingers still crossed) tanks for my 8, I added a 0.32" doubler due to the thinness of the baffle

I made a doubler out of the unused inspection cover and installed on the inside of the baffle. Not sure if this is necessary but it took less than 10 minutes and cannot hurt.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was thinking I would go ahead and make a double but wanted to see if others thought it was unnecessary.

Sent you a PM. I have some pictures of this mod we did at Synergy a couple of months ago on an already built tank. Don't know if that will help you.

Sent you a PM. I have some pictures of this mod we did at Synergy a couple of months ago on an already built tank. Don't know if that will help you.

Thanks Krea, I sent you an email from my gmail account. Let me know if you don't get it.

Back