What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finally got my RV

Superman1s

I retired from motorcycle racing last year. Received my PPL 12-27-16. Did all my training and check ride in a Citabria 7GCBC.
After months of research, today I purchased a very nice RV7. Now I need to learn the plane! Flown it a few times, everything happens so much faster than it does in the Citabria, it's going take a while to get use to! Haven't done a wheel landing yet, only 3pt. I helped the owner/builder do the annual which went very well. I'm very nervous, never owned an aircraft other than RC stuff, big leap! Can't wait to go to new places, meet new people & pilots.
A few specs:
IO-360 200 HP
CS prop
IFR
430W
GNC 300XL
ADS-B
RMI engine monitors
Trio AP coupled to 430
Inverted fuel/oil and bunch of stuff I'm forgetting!

Not sure how to insert image

Congratulations on your new purchase. And welcome to the RV family. I am sure your grin will last a long time.
Best to you.
Dave

I retired from motorcycle racing last year. Received my PPL 12-27-16. Did all my training and check ride in a Citabria 7GCBC.
After months of research, today I purchased a very nice RV7. Now I need to learn the plane! Flown it a few times, everything happens so much faster than it does in the Citabria, it's going take a while to get use to! Haven't done a wheel landing yet, only 3pt. I helped the owner/builder do the annual which went very well. I'm very nervous, never owned an aircraft other than RC stuff, big leap! Can't wait to go to new places, meet new people & pilots.
A few specs:
IO-360 200 HP
CS prop
IFR
430W
GNC 300XL
ADS-B
RMI engine monitors
Trio AP coupled to 430

Congratulations on your plane and retirement. I bet you know Eric McKenna?

Be prepare to fall in love! I have been flying my 7 for almost 2 years and I love and continue to be amazed! I am forever ruined for ever settling for GA airplane again!

RV7

Congrates Todd,you will love flying the RV once you catch up to it. They are wonderful airplanes. Since you are just in CA. you will want to plan on flying it up to the Vans Homecoming this year in Independence OR. great time and a chance to make some of those contacts that will help you down the road answer questions that may come up.. look forward to meeting you along the way and seeing your airplane.
Regards
Tod W.
N359HW
RV9A

Congratulations

A few specs:
IO-360 200 HP
CS prop
IFR
430W
GNC 300XL
ADS-B
RMI engine monitors
Trio AP coupled to 430

Superman,
Your RV is an amazing machine.
My suggestion to you is spend a day with an expert in transition.
You can PM me for a suggestion.

I did, and I'm SO GLAD. I had experience, but nothing like the "right" way to fly my -4.

Happy Landings,
Daddyman
Dues Paid +

Back