What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying to Philly

eehite

My wife is going to a conference in Philadelphia from 12 through 16 November, and I figured that it would be fun to shuttle her up in the RV-8 from North Carolina.

Any input on the best place to land? I considered PHL, but quickly rejected that on principle because of the outrageous fees (landing fee, plus security fee, plus facility fee, plus gas... forget it).

I'm looking for a place as close as possible, but that will involve a minimum of pain and nickel and dimeing. I'm open to renting a car to get to town, or using transit. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

KPNE is pretty close, just a little ways up I-95 from center city. Can't speak with any certainty on hangar/tiedown fees, but landing fee is only $5. Not much in the way of great public transit options, but there is at least an Avis (maybe others) on the field.

Guys, thanks for all of the good suggestions! I will dig into those places and see what shakes out.

Where in Philly?

Where is the conference in Philly, if it is in center city you may want to look at KILG in Wilmington, it is just off I-95 and has car rental on site and nearby hotels. If it is on the north or west side of town there are closer options.

Back