What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How's the GTR 200 intercom satisfaction

DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
How well does the intercom function on the GTR 200 work for you in the RV6,7,and 9 environments? I know all intercoms are not the same in that noise level. And is the intercom " hot all the time" or is there a button somewhere without going back into the setting to disable it? Assume it is VOX actuated.

Also wondered how most owners are best utilizing the 3D feature on a two place without an audio panel.

Your overall satisfaction rating on the GTR200 1 to 10 with 10 be very satisfied.

Thanks. Thinking about installing one to replace a dead IC A210.

Intercom can be disabled in the settings, but I believe it is enabled by default. Voice-activated, yes. It's worked well in my -6 with Lightspeed, David Clark, and Headsets-Inc. upgraded headsets in various combinations.

Satisfaction 9.5/10 - loses a half point because it's not as easy to get to the GPS-supplied frequencies as it was on the Icom. Requires an additional button push and knob twiddle. I've passed feedback to Garmin through Steve (g3xpert) about this.

10 out of 10

The GTR200 has a fantastic digital intercom. I have flying with it for ~2+ yrs. No issues and superior to my previous flightcom 403. I use the 3-D audio. It is not a gimmic, it works as advertized.

I have posted my experiences with the GTR200 on the forum.

You can not go wrong with the GTR200.

The GTR200 has a fantastic digital intercom. I have flying with it for ~2+ yrs. No issues and superior to my previous flightcom 403. I use the 3-D audio. It is not a gimmic, it works as advertized.

I have posted my experiences with the GTR200 on the forum.

You can not go wrong with the GTR200.

I agree entirely. I've had the same results with my install

Another happy customer here after 15 months and over 100 hours. You need stereo headsets for 3D to work.

I have been flying with a GTR200 in a Christen Eagle for 2 years now and am very satisfied with it. The intercom is the best one that I have ever used, the Eagle is a noisy plane and I just leave the squelch on automatic and it works perfectly. It is easy to program frequencies in memory and to access recently used ones. My only gripe is that the volume of music is lacking and I had to use a booster between my Ipod and the radio, so I give it a 9.5/10

I second, 3rd, 4th, 5th or wherever we are currently on the "kudos" for the GTR200 intercom. This is an amazing radio for the price.

It also "chats" with my Aera 660 and I couldn't be happier.

Does the intercom cutoff when there are other radio transmissions going on?
Or is it like a regular intercom that you can still talk to each other over outside radio calls?

Does the intercom cutoff when there are other radio transmissions going on?
Or is it like a regular intercom that you can still talk to each other over outside radio calls?

In the setup you can set it to mute intercom when there is radio reception or not, same with music. You can download the manual which will give you a good idea of the radio's functions.

Back