What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airport recommendation in Tennessee

Doug94

Well Known Member
In a 1 1/2 years I'll be retiring and relocating 1/2 way between kids. I'm looking at Tennessee being that half way state (glad to leave Illinois). A primary consideration is a builder friendly GA airport where my RV 8 can reside. Right now just searching airports and thought I'd reach out to the Vans community for recommendations. I'm not set on one city or another - does anyone have an airport they would recommend?

Kjwn and m54 both have active eaa chapters and multiple rv's at each. And are running wait lists for t hangers. If you're looking in the Nashville area (my stomping ground). Great city. Big enough to have everything, a great place to settle.

Springfield,TN - M91

I live in Hopkinsville, KY but M91 seems like a nice place.
You can find them on Facebook at Wingnuts Aviation LLC

Tennessee Airports

NO state income tax, milder winters and summers. Cheap cost of living. I moved to the Big South Fork Airpark(bsfairpark.com) two years ago from Memphis. GREAT place on the plateau in east TN. On a county airport KSCX with approaches, fuel, maintenance, and 5500' runway. Lots of other nice airports in the area, BUT many have long waiting lists for hangar space. Start looking NOW.

come on down...

Any of the airports around Nashville are nice. All have a waiting list for hangars. Almost all are upgrading the facilities. The outer lying airports have cheaper hangars and fuel (as would be expected). My wife is a realtor and would love to help you with finding a home. We moved here in Oct 1993 and this area has been great to us.

I've been flying into Crossville, KSCV, every year for about the last ten years for a an annual Sonex flyin and have really enjoyed the area. Nice airport, don't know about hanger availability.

Sadly, the Sonex flyins there may be over unless somebody else in the Sonex community takes over the event organization.

I lived in Scott County next to bsfairpark.com (where I have land and a hangar) attached to a very nice county airport.
I flew to a good dozen or two airports in TN while living there for two years.

Start with, city, country or airpark?

Tim

Deerfield Resort

I have been to Deerfield Resort on Lake Norris, just north of Knoxville. Really nice fly-in community, cool hangars, golf, lake, privacy. I don't know how much availability there is, but I'd move there if I could afford it..very nice!

Back