- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-23-2014, 12:50 PM

Hi Tom,

How about an update, any pics?
Old 06-21-2014, 12:12 PM

Default Progress - Mid June 2014

By this time, both wings are ready for fuel tanks and I am fighting my way through fuel tank leakage problems. I must not have the technique down, because I had about 2 major leaks on both thanks and several smaller leaks. I am using a manometer, rather than a balloon, and I believe it is much more sensitive. Anyway, I got the left tank to track but the right tank is still a challange.

On a note about pressure testing with a manometer. The tank acts as a 25 gallon air source and it gets cooler and warmer as the temp in the garage changes. As the temperature goes up the pressure goes up, and vica versa. (Boyles Law I think.) Anyway, it took me a while to realize that I was looking for a constant pressure range not a constant pressure (high during the day, low at night and within a constant range). I guess the balloon thing is simpler.

Proceeding on to the wiring of the left wing. I am planning to run a ground ling to the wing tip and not use the structure as the ground.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:50 PM

Default Tanks!!!

What an experience! ProSeal is either the biggest pain in the A__ or the best stuff since sliced white bread, some days I don't know which. They came together at last. I had some trouble with the leak check on the second tank but it finally came in. Both tanks are complete and mounted on the wings.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:52 PM

Default Emperage Assumbly

Managed to complete the horizontal and vertical stabilizers, elevator(s), rudder and the tail cone. I am now working on the alignment of the elevator for travel. Next comes the cross connection drilling. Darn this stuff takes time.

I had to lay off work for 6 months because of illness, but I am back now and ready to get at it again.