VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-15-2016, 04:15 PM

It is truly an addiction! Congrats.

Those Cherokees are very docile, forgiving planes. I flew one for about 8 hours last fall to get current. The window crank on the ceiling for elevator trim took some getting used to.... now which way for up???
Tail number N427DK
Donation made for 2017
You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky -- Amelia Earhart
Old 08-28-2016, 12:37 PM

Default Milestone reached - The wing flip

Well I fell like I have crossed a finish line. The top wing skins are riveted and the wings are now ready to come off the stand. The wing stand that I had build was a compact design...but it worked like a charm. True that access to the end ribs was limited. To dimple, or countersink the last 3" required the wing to be removed from the stand. but given that I could still park the cars in the garage it was a small price to pay, and only resulted in a few more build hours as I had to re-check level and wing twist any time I had to remove the wings off the stand. Which i've I had to guess total additional hours, I would peg it at about 10 total. But the best part of it all....the wing stand could be partially disassembled and rebuilt into the wing cart!

From this:

To this:
http://garetsrv.blogspot.ca/