- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-09-2018, 01:27 AM

Default Ohio Fall Fly-in Sunday Oct 14

Excellent Fly-in...

EAA #499867
PPL/ASEL 1970 - Sport Pilot since 2004
80 hrs Flying Aeronca Chief 11AC
1130 hrs Flying 46 Piper J-3 Cub
RV-12 E-LSA #120058 AWC Jul 2012 - Bought Flying Oct 2015 with 48TT - Hobbs now 402

LSRM-A Certificate 2016
Special Thanks to EJ Trucks
Old 10-09-2018, 05:32 AM

Jim, please don't replicate inaccurate information. As I mentioned in the other thread your post is showing last years schedule, not this years.

thanks, bob

________

Here's the official post from Lynn and Joe:

https://www.facebook.com/MyPlaceFarm...type=3&theater

We are only a week away from the sixth annual "My Place" fly in; "Always the second Sunday in October". This year we are planning an even better breakfast and lunch. Joe and I want to make sure that each breakfast is prepared to order, therefore, we will be in the kitchen cooking and greeting our guests. If it's not right blame Joe. We'll be serving thick cut bacon, Delmar's homemade wood fired oven biscuits and sausage gravy, Miller Farm sausage, eggs to order, Gary's Yukon Gold home fried potatoes and pancakes with fresh blueberries and pecans (or chocolate chips and sprinkles for the young and young at heart) will be served hot off the grill. It may require a short wait in line but we encourage you to find someone that you don't know and talk to them. Our emphasis is on quality, not speed. Again this year we are adding fried bologna sandwiches and hotdogs done on a commercial outdoor grill to the lunch menu. Ken and Jeanine Vaughn's famous chili (they are adding cornbread this year) will also be served. Top it all off with some of the many side dishes that each of you bring. Beginning late morning we will serve ice cream cones and Amish open fire popped corn at the pond area near the kids activities--kids first please. Last year we served 800 meals and expect a larger number this year. We're not quit as big as the Morrow County or Ohio State Fair yet but with your help we have potential. Donations will be gladly accepted to help support the cost of food for our growing event.

WHILE YOU'RE HERE:
Visit our local artisan's crafts, wood carvings, hot air engine, kids activities, airplanes (look but please do not touch) and airplane and helicopter rides.

IF YOU DRIVE IN PLEASE BRING A SIDE DISH AND TWO LITERS OF POP
A turn in area has been established in the hangar and our volunteers will be there to take your side dishes.

SAFETY:
PILOTS: This year we have added a taxiway adjacent to the runway to eliminate back-taxing on the runway for departure. The runway is lined with white plastic jugs. The taxiway is outlined with yellow buckets with red lids.

The runway (06/24) is 2000 feet long with 600 feet of clear way from the tree line at the northeast end and the power lines have been buried along Coleman Road (Township 152) at the southwest end of the runway.

The field elevation is 1000 feet ASL. Traffic pattern altitude is 1000 feet AGL for fixed wing and 500 feet for helicopters.

The CTAF will be 122.85 for the fly-in. Please allow aircraft using a "Young Eagle" call sign or the biplane which will be giving rides to have preference for take off and landings.

Fly a standard left hand traffic pattern for both 6 and 24. Be advised that a helicopter will be operating to and from an area on the north side of the runway near the pond. The helicopter will avoid the flow of fixed wing traffic. Transient helicopters should also park in the area north of the runway.

GUEST SAFETY AND TRANSPORTATION:
There is a designated runway crossing area for pedestrians near the hangar. Boy Scouts will be stationed on each side of the crossing area to assist with safe runway crossings. Additionally, this year we are going to provide a continuous shuttle service from the car parking area (including handicap assistance) to the hangar, airplanes and helicopter rides, kids area activities and the crafters displays.

AIRPLANE and HELICOPTER RIDES:
This year, after many requests for helicopter rides, we are adding Ohio Air Tours, an Ohio based commercial helicopter operator to provide rides.
The cost will be far below the going rate at the Ohio State Fair. Cash and credit cards will be accepted. The helicopter rides will be in a separate area from the Young Eagles flights. A marshaling area for helicopter rides will be set up on the northeast side of the pond. Helicopter rides will be available from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Our people mover will make a stop at the helicopter ride station as well as all events.

Additionally, this year we are fortunate to have an antique biplane giving rides at a reasonable rate. The Good Folk and O Tymes Biplane Rides, http://www.gobiplanerides.com/, will operate across the runway from the hangar. Cash and credit cards will be accepted. Airplane rides will be available from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM.Our people mover will make a stop at the biplane ride station as well as all events.

YOUNG EAGLE FLIGHTS:
Young Eagle flights (https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-...outh-education) will be conducted from 1300 until 1500 for children between the ages of 8 and 17 with parental consent. These flights are provided free to the children. Parents must be present and will need to complete a Young Eagles registration form. The pilots are local, qualified and screened, EAA pilot members that donate their time and plane to this effort. Online registration for Young Eagles is encouraged and may be accomplished by using this link: https://youngeaglesday.com/?143

KIDS ACTIVITIES:
Pumpkin painting, popsicle stick airplane painting, petting zoo, train rides, hay rides, corn pit, swings and slides, ice cream and popcorn.

CAR AND PHONE NAVIGATION SYSTEMS:
If you are driving to the fly in use this address for your phone, tablet or car nav system:

3177 Coleman Road
Cardington OH 43315
United States

'Look for the fly in signs at the corner of Township Road 152 (Coleman Road) and Route 42.

If you are driving in from the south; from the only stoplight in Ashley, Ohio proceed exactly 4.7 miles north on Route 42 then turn left on Township Road 152 and continue for 1/2 mile to the fly in.

If you are driving in from the north; from the stoplight in Cardington, Ohio proceed south on Route 42 for 2 miles and turn right on Township Road 152 and continue for 1/2 mile to the fly in.

PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION:
All parking will be near the pond area just off Coleman Road. Boy Scouts will direct you to parking. Transportation will be provided continuously from parking to the hangar using our new handicap accessible people mover, antique Model A truck, Polaris run-about and maybe a golf cart or two.

IF YOU DRIVE IN PLEASE BRING A SIDE DISH.

You're in our data base so look for updates by email and Facebook (My Place 3OH7). That's 3OH (as in OHio)7 which is the four letter aviation identifier for the airfield. Lots of airplanes, helicopters, people and good food, kids activities and family-friendly fun in a rural setting. Just a fun way for us to give something back to aviation, friends and neighbors.

'Hope to see you next Sunday,

Joe and Lynn
Old 10-09-2018, 04:02 PM

Bob

Actually what I did was print the flyer directly from FunPlacesToFly. If I stepped on your toes I'm sorry. Thought I'd just pass the word. People there last year where friendly
EAA #499867
RV-12 E-LSA #120058 AWC Jul 2012 - Bought Flying Oct 2015 with 48TT - Hobbs now 402

LSRM-A Certificate 2016

Last edited by DeltaRomeo : 10-09-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: removed snarky remark
Old 10-10-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
Bob

Actually what I did was print the flyer directly from FunPlacesToFly. If I stepped on your toes I'm sorry. Thought I'd just pass the word. People there last year where friendly
You didn't step on my toes, I'm just sensitive to bad information being propagated. Since I'm the Young Eagles coordinator I want to ensure that correct information is being shared. I'll have Lynn address the FunPlacestoFly post.

I agree, it's a great flyin, and the people hosting it are not only friendly but do a fantastic job! I highly recommend it for any RV'er within and hour or two flight. Admittedly I'm a little biased due to my participation in the event. It's a very well maintained grass strip.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:54 PM

For those that missed this fly-in.... you missed a good one.

EAA #499867

LSRM-A Certificate 2016
Old 10-17-2018, 04:45 PM

We also flew over sixty Young Eagles in the afternoon.