What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Lock and Canopy Trim Kit

JerryH

Has anyone installed a canopy lock along with the canopy trim kit? I plan on installing the lock after certification but would also like to add the canopy trim kit but can't tell if the installations will conflict.
Thanks

Thanks Rob but I am interested in potential interference between the lock and the optional Van's canopy base trim kit (not the seal system).

No problem

Thanks Rob but I am interested in potential interference between the lock and the optional Van's canopy base trim kit (not the seal system).

Jerry,

I have installed the trim kit. It glues onto the square tubing of the canopy. For my lock implementation, where I replaced the alignment tab with a longer tab with a hook, that tab is still accessible/removable/replaceable because the trim does not cover that triangular tab. For other implementations, such as John Albury (Jetguy), he cut a notch in the bottom of the square tubing, and in the deck, with the lock coming through the deck to catch on the notch in the square tubing. As in my implementation, there should be no interference with the canopy trim kit. Not having installed the canopy seal kit, my concern was, using Jetguy's implementation, whether the seal and the notches he cut in the deck would cause interference with the seal. Most likely not a big problem.

Rob

On second thought

Thanks Rob that is what i needed to know.

I shouldn't speak for Jetguy's implemention--he may have riveting a chunk of aluminum angle on the inside of the canopy's square tubing--that might interfere with the trim placement.

Back