What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

South east queensland rv er's

mickdi68

Hi,
Mick here from cairns FNQ . It looks like a move to the gold coast is a sure thing in the next 6-8 weeks. Like to know if anyone knows anybody who can help me find hangarage for my just refurbished RV-4. I pay $250 per month up here at cairns sharing with another RV-4 and a General avia F22 and sometimes Cessna 337. And what is the social flying like? do any RV's get together at anytime or isn't there many down SE queensland? Up here we have 2RV-7's, 1RV-7a,1RV-6,2RV-4's and a Harmon rocket. I am a lame and don't mind helping out with a bit of maintenance here and there. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Mick.

G'day Mick,

I'm in SEQ. There may be some hangarage at Boonah airstrip for the kind of money you are used to. It is bit of a drive from the Gold Coast but it is a beautiful part of the world. Socially, I will fly with you. I have an RV-7 at the Gatton Airpark and am always looking for someone to fly with. There seems to be a lot of RVers in SEQ but they all seem to keep to themselves for some reason. Send me a PM with your number when you get down here, I'd be happy to show you around.

Mark.

South east queensland RV er's

Thanks Mark,
Boonah is a bit far for me . Once settled I will contact you and go flying sometime and see what SEQ has to offer.
Cheers Mick.

No problems, the only other place closer is Heck Field or Murwillimbah. I'm not sure you will find anything there. It's an age old problem...

If you are in the SAAA you could try contacting Gary Spicer, who flies out of Southport, Mason Field. It would not be cheap I think.

Hangerage..S.E. Queensland

G.Day.Mick....I have an RV8 which I fly out of Canungra Field..(unfortunately a private farm...so is fairly restricted re hangerage)..but yu are welcome to fly in.......I.m Sec.of Ch. 19 Saaa..which meets at Southport Flying Club...there are at least 7--8 RV.s there plus a Falco...Moose....and other homebuilts...private helicopters...plus about 30..40 other lite a/c....they have an active social calendar..yu will be able to rent there...but membership is a little exxy!!...Ch 19..is fairly active also..we are currently planning a fly-in to Goondiwindi...and another to Hervey bay.plus Narromine in Sept....we are also integrating our activities with the S.P.C...so we.ll tag along on their fly aways etc...Boonah is worth considering...beaut place...great people..our fearless leader John McCormack..( Director General Of CASA Australia) flies his Yak...out of there....also people drive down from Brisbane to fly..and glide..usually camp o/nite etc...The whole of the southern qld border area is a great place to fly!..when yu arrive give me a call 0414960872..regards stan lewis

Thanks for the response will keep an eye out and an ear to the ground and see what I come up with. Flying commercial down to coast on weekend to source temporary accommodation until we are settled.
Cheers
Mick

Back