What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introducing Ray Lawrence

pierre smith

Well Known Member
My buddy, Ray Lawrence, flew the -4 he built, over to my hangar yesterday to perform a 100 hour inspection on my Air Tractor:

Rays-4.jpg

He brought along

some specialty tools, like an extended torque wrench to remove my -10's prop in order to replace a leaky front main crankshaft seal as well:

RayLawrence.jpg

A wonderful Mexican lunch followed and we're good to go.

Ray currently has a -10, two RV-7's and an RV-3 being built in his hangar and has assisted 16 other RV builds and will do pre-buys just about anywhere. His furthest was late last fall, in San Diego, where he and the new owner finalized the transaction and brought it home to his place, in Sandersville, Ga. I then gave the new owner transition training in it and he took it back to near Charlotte, N.C.

Ray will also build your tanks if Proseal is not your bag.

Best,

Ray is the best! Big help to everyone around here (and elsewhere) when they run into problems. I tried to build my empennage in one of those "long weekend building seminars" that used to be common. F1 Rockets aren't pre-punched, so they wouldn't take me. Drove 100 miles up to Ray's one fine Friday night and he took me under his wing. Showed me how to use HIS tools and set me up on HIS tail jig. Left there Sunday afternoon with my vertical fin finished and in pretty good shape. I thought I was just about done!!!

He's been a great source of information and help ever since. Nobody better!

Lee...

I've known Ray for several years now---Was introduced to him by Lee Logan and Pierre Smith. A great guy! I've built quite a few assemblies for Ray over the past few years. His workmanship is first rate!
Tom

Slide show addition.

Thanks Pierre,
WOW, a beautiful -4!! Can easily spot the craftsmanship. These photos will go in my -4 screen saver slideshow presentation. Please inform him of my admiration.

Is he joining the forum?? :)

Best regards,

I've known Ray for quite a few years as a fly-in aquaintance. I used to visit my friend Hurley who at that time lived in Sanderville and we spent quite a bit of time in his hangar looking at the projects. His builder assist program is second to none and the quality of his workmanship is par excellent. OKZ international as it is affectionately known recently finished a new FBO and doubled the size of the assist facility. I can't say enough good things about this FBO and Ray.

Deal, Ray is very busy and not a forum kinda guy either.

He's also taken my stepson/Marine reservist, under his wing and training him to be an A&P as well. In fact, he was doing most of the 100 hour on my Air Tractor while Ray was pulling my -10's prop to replace the front seal. It was difficult because the Lightspeed sensor was difficult to wrangle around the prop bolt bosses and remove but he got 'er done!

Best,

Last edited:
Another +1 for Ray. I spent 5 days with him and James in Sandersville learning how to build my empennage. Best thing I ever did and had a blast hanging out with those guys. I even got to fly Pierre's pristine -10 to Columbus for an air show. these are some of the most knowledgable and finest RV guys you could ever meet.

I highly recommend Ray for any and all of your RV needs. A true craftsman and professional. You cannot go wrong with Ray.

Back