What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DXF of RV-4 Panel?

carlrai

Well Known Member
Helping a friend layout a new panel for his RV-4. I was hoping to locate a CAD drawing - AutoCad .dwg or .dxf of the panel but struck out when I checked Van's site.

Would anyone have a copy of the panel, drawn full size in a either format?

If you so, I'd be most appreciative. If you would send me a PM, I'll provide another email to send the file.

Thanks

Sent you a PM

Richard,

Sent you a PM with my info. If you find the file, please use that address to forward.

Many Thanks

Passing on the file

I did receive a DXF of the panel and would be happy to share with others that may need it. Shoot me a PM with an email I can use to attach files and I'll forward.

This is something to be aware of. Van?s sells a ?deep? panel for the RV4. It is taller than the standard panel (I think by 2 ??). Some builders use it to get some more panel space. When I built my panel, I needed just a little more height (5/8?). I bought one of the ?deep? panels and trimmed off the part I didn?t need. I didn?t want any more depth than necessary, I needed the leg room. The deep panel obviously hangs that much lower.
You might ask which panel you get the DXF for (standard, deep, or somewhere in between like mine).
A couple more hints:
1. Don't mount anything within about 3/4 " of the upper arc. The canopy frame covers this when closed.
2. There is a brace that runs the width of the fuselage behind the lower portion of the panel. You must cut this if you mount anything longer than a 2 1/2" gauge in that area. This "brace" is quit thin, I don't think if provides much structural strength. Several builders cut it, I just mounted my short gauges down there.

Cameron Smith
N4684C
RV4 #68

DXF / DWG FILES

I have DXF or DWG files of all VANS Models.

Go to my web site below and use the CONTACT page to make a request.

I will send you whatever files you need.

Also have an extensive DXF library of equipment.

There is never an obligation to use my CNC services.

Regards,

Back