What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage rib riveting...

kbalch

Well Known Member
I'm plugging away on my baggage ribs and am puzzled over 26-21 Step 3 which calls for riveting the seat ribs to the center bottom skin. However, that was done back in 26-14 Step 3.

My first thought was that it was an error and should be calling, instead, for riveting the baggage ribs to the center bottom skin. However, that is specifically called out in Step 4.

So, what does Step 3 actually require?

So, what does Step 3 actually require?

Greetings.

As you've identified, page 26-21, Step 3 is redundant/moot/misplaced/unnecessary. Your seat ribs are tacked down already. Build on :)

Be sure to mind the "no rivet zones" and the note to omit F-01423B-L/R from Step 4. These are managed in Section 29, Forward Mid Fuselage Side Structure and Section 30, Aft Fuselage Attachment (both illustrated below)

Last edited:
Got it; thanks!

I really appreciate the confirmation that I'm not nuts. :D While I'm not a first-time builder, it always helps to absorb the experience of those who've already passed this way.

Your site, photos, and personal input in particular are of inestimable value to -14A builders present and future. Many thanks for continuing to stay involved so long after your own airplane was completed.

Back