What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Icom IC-200 pixels going out, easy fix?

wrongway john

Well Known Member
About 1/4 of my screen has blacked out, barely can read the numbers now. Can I get another screen, and if so, is it an easy fix? If not, know who works on these?

John

^^^Michael, I know this is a bit late, was hoping to fix this myself. There appears to be a few in Syracuse, do you or others have a particular one in mind? It's gotten a bit worse, one-third of screen is blacked out now, I hate to shut down plane again after going through a lot of stuff and getting it all up to par again, but this has gotten to be a bit too much. Great radio, transmits and receives well, but screen is shot. Definitely want one with a fast turn around, or someone here that has previous experience with a radio shop they have had a positive experience with.

Took it apart this evening. No ribbon strip on my IC-A200. Was hoping I could just order another lcd, probably could have, but there are about 8 or so wires soldered on board that I would have to heat up first to pull it. Still might do it, that way I can still be flying until part gets here. Then only be down just a few hours instead of I?m guessing 7-10 days for some shop with turn around and all.

Here?s a bit more detail on this radio along with part numbers, as well as some good pics of the inside.

http://www.aeroelectric.com/Installation_Data/Icom/A200/A200_SM.pdf

It might wind up being cheaper to buy a working used one on FleaBay than sending yours out for repair. Then you will have a spare for parts or testing if needed.

:cool:

Got an email back from Icom. Just two brief sentences from them, one saying they no longer have parts for this radio and no longer support it. And the other saying let us know if they can be of any further assistance. Guess this one counts as assistance. :D I was hoping they could at least get me in touch with somebody that has quiet a bit of inventory in parts. It?s been such a great radio, might take GalinHdz suggestion, look for a used radio working or not.

A friend of mine that is a bit up on electronics feels like the heat that probably caused the pixels to start burning out.

Back