What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sika Mach 60

Freakshow108

Well Known Member
My windshield guy is going to help me attach my canopy to canopy frame. He wants to use Sika Mack 60. Has anyone heard or dealt with this model number of Sika? Just curious if it is compatible with our canopies. Thanks in advance.

I have no experience with this product. The Sika site says to test if using with different applications other than glass (it is an auto glass product), to ensure proper adhesion. I think with an open time of 8 minutes you will be hard pressed to get the canopy installed, aligned and clamped before the adhesive sets.

Just my thoughts after having done my 7 tipper with Sika 295UV which is made for plexiglass and has a 60 min tack free time (cure varies temp).

Ya I don't think this is an area where I would do too much on the fly experimenting. 295UV has a very good track record at this point with the appropriate primers. I also agree that with an open time of 8 min that would seriously be pushing it. It took me at least 20 ish minutes to apply and make nice beads. Also, the fact that Mach 60 is intended for glass and not acrylic would give me the heebie jeebies, too much time invested in the canopy.

Last edited:
Back