What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wire Harness: when to install

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
I purchase the common wire Harness WH-00125 from Stein. Is there a preferred time to install? I assume before Section 42--Misc section that covers up seats and stuff in baggage area. I am at the Canopy section, which I will start on soon, but will wait until if it warmer to work with the plexiglass.

Harness

Ken,

You could do it either way. I ran mine after I had the floorboards, etc installed. Slightly painful but not too much drama. Some of the heat shrinks are in just the wrong place and interfere with grommets. It would be easier to reposition them if everything was exposed. Also, I?m sure running additional wires for extra goodies would be easier as well.

Not sure if the harness would interfere with riveting. You may want to check that.

Hey Ken, we have a new project in Lansing later this year. I will have to come by and see your project again. As for the wiring harness, I would get it in as early as you could. As long as you don't put any connectors on the ends of the wires, it should be easier than fishing them later. If you have to back out and put back in a few wires, I think it would be worth it.

It is probably worth it to add a wire or two to the cabin and behind the seats just in case you add something later.

Have fun. Hope to see you later in the summer. Maybe I will bring my 9A out!

Back