What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who flew their non RV today?

bret

Well Known Member
Our RV is under construction and ten feet away from me while I type this in my living room, it is so depressing reading all the stories about every one flying here and there in their RVs, But sometimes I need to be grateful for what we have. Today my son wanted to go flying, so we went out to the hanger and took off in the Sky hawk, We headed out over Lake Tahoe for some spectacular views and did a TAG in Truckee. Not an RV flight, but some quality time in the sky with my son.

it's EZ

1.1 in the old LongEZ with .4 actual IMC with ILS and GPS-A approaches.

Hi Bret,
My wife wants to make a stop over on our way south in a month at lake T. Been watching the winds, saw Truckee online with their arrival and departures...read that the jets think they own the airspace...how was it for you?
I am glad you had a ride today...

Hey Bruce, today there was no one in the air at Truckee this morning, this was my first flight there, it is a valley and I had concerns about climb rate in the 172, but all was well, made it out with out a circle to climb, but it was cold today. Can't wait to get my 7A done, and not have to worry to much about climb rate.....

Spent 4.0 hrs in the King Air B200 from KSAT to KVEL. Gotta love those 95kt headwinds. Sure beats the drive, though.

Me too Bret

Hey Bret

I feel your pain, I got my RV6 sitting in the garage, almost done.... still couldnt resist taking the old reliable 172 out over Perth city (Western Australia) over the weekend, beats being on the ground!!
DSC09132_zpsff282b3d.jpg

Happy flying!!

Well the Weiser guys took their newly painted RVs out for a hop to West Houston (IWS) to see what the CAF was doing Friday. Turned out they were getting ready for an airshow Saturday at Burnet, TX. RV 8 Driver Mr. Bixby was doing a currency hop in the T6 making lots of noise for the local neighbor hood.

Then it was out west a bit for some lookin around north west Houston. Perfect day for flying.

AAApic001.JPG

AAApic002.JPG

AAApic003.JPG

AAApic004.JPG

AAApic005.JPG

AAApic006.JPG

Non RV Flying

1.4 in the 172SP flying up the beautiful coast between Gloucester, Massachusetts and Kennebunk, Maine. CAVU day with visibility from Boston to Mount Washington (which is still covered in snow).

It was my little girl's first flight in a small plane. She is just over 2. She had fun, but fell asleep about 15 minutes into the flight. At least my wife and I got to enjoy the views.

Protect our food supply.

1,500 acres of wheat covered with fungicide by my two Air Tractors today, in 10 hours total, 450 gallons of Jet-A burned....$1,800 worth:eek:

Think of us when you make that sammich (where the wheat made it possible).:)

Best,

super cub beach

Took my son out the other day in the good old super cub. Went down the beach and was able to pick up 8 Japanese glass balls that floated up. They used these many many years ago for their fishing nets to float them. They break lose and float all the way to alaska. It is a
great find and 8 in one day was awesome.
I have a 10 that I have iny hanger in Wyoming. Wont be able to work on it tell October but I read these post everyday ans you guys keep me going. Thanks.

Yep

45 GPH? Ouch!

The PT-6-15 in my 502 makes 680 SHP and burns 47 GPH pretty consistently, while the 402 has a -21, 550 SHP engine, running around 42 GPH or so. Remember though, I haul up to 500 gallons of chemicals at 4,000 lbs + and the 402 hauls up to 400 gallons/3200 lbs plus! Both of them will double their empty weight and better....even on hot days!

Best,

...RV-8 driver was doing a currency hop in the T6 making lots of noise for the local neighborhood.

Then it was out west a bit for some lookin around north west Houston. Perfect day for flying.

A T-6, noisy? Noooo. So if you'd zoomed in that camera you'd see my VAF hat sticking out from the front seat... still diggin' my RV-8 while out playing with some thirsty round engine machines!

2.6 hrs and 2 ILS approaches yesterday in the Citation-AMA-HOU-SAT. Goes fast-burns lots of fuel. However, can't wait to finish and begin flying the 8!

Back