What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

iLevil 3

BHunt

Well Known Member
Been looking at this for a while for using an iPad in the back with full pitot/static data, along with ADSB in. They have 25% until tomorrow. Anyone have one that are really happy with them?

I was wrong about the iLevel 3 being a single band ADS-B receiver. It is a dual band receiver.

Last edited:
Who

Been looking at this for a while for using an iPad in the back with full pitot/static data, along with ADSB in. They have 25% until tomorrow. Anyone have one that are really happy with them?

Who has them for 25% off?

So, with the discount, the iLevil3's price is more compatible with the Stratus 2S. I go back-and-forth with these two...

For the iLevil 3 AW, its $1061 after shipping. So close to $150 more than Stratus 2S. But I am a WingX user, so Stratus wouldn't work for me.

I was wrong about the iLevel 3 being a single band ADS-B receiver. It is a dual band receiver. I edited my post above to correct the error.

Do you think that AW model is actually a adsb in and out? It says portable or permanent mounting , includes " compliant" gps. But not very clear that it is target ing that market with this add. Maybe a bit gun shy at this stage.

So, it can provide the position source for the transponder, right? You still need a Mode S transponder.

It is a viable GPS source for ADS-B only if the Certified GPS option is selected. It's more expensive.
Then you use a Transponder like the Trig TT-31 or TT-22. The TT-21 is not suitable because it's not a Class 1 Transponder (Class 1 is required for the 2020 mandate).

Last edited:
Back