What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying to Indianapolis

iwannarv

Well Known Member
I have a National Sales Meeting to attend next week in Indianapolis, IN. Looking for recommendations in case I decide to fly. Fairly slim chance right now (need VFR) but looking at Eagle Creek. I really prefer a 3:40 flight vs a 12 hr drive I'd have to split between 2 days.

Anybody based there? I would like the -8 to be tucked in to a hangar for 3 nights, Monday noon arrival with a Thursday mid afternoon departure.

Any of the Indy airports are good. My preference is Greenwood. Lots of hangar space, cheap and nice hotels close by, and right next to the interstate so an easy shot downtown in about 10 minutes.

My only issue with Eagle Creek is that it is closer to some of the high crime areas of the city. I took my lessons at Eagle Creek and it's a nice facility but the neighborhood is getting a little rough. Not sure what the hangar situation is there either. There are some RV guys who fly out of there so if you choose Eagle Creek, I'm guessing you'll be fine.

I am based at Greenwood, HFY. There are many open/doorless hangars that you could park in very cheaply I bet. Lowest gas currently to I believe.

Sent a message to Greenwood airport manager and got an almost immediate response with hangar/fuel pricing and availability. Not too bad, what I'd normally expect at a GA airport. Looks like a good option and just as easy to get to downtown. I may do that if the weather is in favor!

Back