What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GoPro Hero Mounts

iwannarv

Well Known Member
I've searched the forums and found some info on GoPro mounts but I'd like to see a thread that has pictures of several different styles of mounts in one place.

My wife got me a Hero3+ recently and I am looking at getting the PlaneAround mounts for the RV8. But, I would also like something that I could move over to the SuperCub as well.

I am sure the adhesive mounts would be OK on Cub-like speeds? I placed some adhesive mounts on a 1100hp spray plane (can pull ~170mph unloaded) and the pilot couldn't lose the GoPros (he tried). Needing adjustability of different angles - not just one shot/one view.

Last edited:
Saw an RV at Petit Jean with a special mount above the engine. Had RC servos on it and the pilot could pan it in flight 360 degrees. Looking backwards showed the pilot.

A buddy of mine has a GoPro mounted on the wing strut on his cub .. I believe he used the "handle bar" mount for a bicycle . . .

Last edited:
I have a standard clip on adhesive mount on an inspection panel under the left wing.

Been to 200kts a time or two and it's still there....... with camera :D

Make sure you prep the surface and glue on in good temperature and let the adhesive cure for a day or two.

Back