What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MILESTONE - today

JBPILOT

Well Known Member
2r5sqci.jpg
[/IMG]

Still running very well.

Great to see John.

Likely the highest time customer RV-12, and still only about a 1000 hrs behind the company prototype ;)

So is the prototype still running the 912ULS, and if so has it been overhauled? Or is that the one that's been morphed into the IS?

Thanks Scott - -

I am the Flyout Coordinator for our EAA chapter in Waterloo, Iowa. I schedule about 75 Flyouts per year. Most are less than 125 miles one way. It is some work for me, but I get as much enjoyment as any of the group does. I have about 100 people on my mass-email group. Had a first time guy attend today. He is retired now and can join us. There are about 40 - 45 airports we go to in this part of the country.

40-45 airports within 125 mile radius? That's impressive. We'd have closer to 5 down here that you might call an airport. ie an sealed strip and one or more hangars. Mind you we do have the Indian Ocean taking up the western hemisphere, so that cuts down on the number of possible landing sites (that would meet the required standard).

So is the prototype still running the 912ULS, and if so has it been overhauled? Or is that the one that's been morphed into the IS?

Same airplane (paint is beginning to look a bit faded).
Still running a 912ULS
Second engine. Changed during start of the busy fly-in season (couldn't afford to have the airplane down for more than a few days)

Robert - -

Good to hear how others live. I guess with that, I appreciate that part of my area. We have another snow storm for tonight and tomorrow. I would give up a few airports for some better weather this time of year for us. Supposed to be 60 degrees F. More like 20's and 30's here lately.

Snow you say, John? I've heard of it so it probably exists, but you won't come across any down here. However, we do have the distinction of being the most isolated capital city in the world, so it takes us a long time to go anywhere in the RV-12, or any other RV for that matter. Congratulations on the milestone - quite an achievement. I doubt that I'll ever beat your record. :)

Last edited:
John, congrats -- I only hope I live long enough to see ours pass the 1200 hour mark. Only about 800 more to go.

Congrats John
My first RV ride was in John's 12. He was kind enough to give me a demo ride and I was hooked. I think he had 100 or so hours on it at that time.

Back