What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone got good RV4 videos?

SJordan

Well Known Member
Ok guys I need some motivation to keep pushing though on my -4 build. I think I have seen most all YouTube -4 videos but anyone got and good videos that care to share. Maybe we can get a post going with some links.

Thanks

You can search on youtube for ?SoCalRVator?. I have some videos there. There is one from a 49 RV formation that we did. Some racing ones, and a few flying ones.

Great videos! Thanks so much for posting. It always helps at lunch to watch some great RV4’s flying around to get the motivation to head back out into shop and keep building.

Thanks Again guys and maybe some day I can post a video up.

No but...

Great videos! Thanks so much for posting. It always helps at lunch to watch some great RV4’s flying around to get the motivation to head back out into shop and keep building.

Thanks Again guys and maybe some day I can post a video up.

Shawn,
I started building my RV4 back when there were only 2 RV models available, banging rivets in military base housing in Japan on a shoestring budget before the internet, digital cameras and The VAF. DR had a Yahoo chat group way back then that morphed into this site, the rest as they say is history. :)
I'll try to dig up a few videos of my amazing 10 year/1000 hour run in my RV4, till then here is a cool video of my other favorite (and also much overlooked) RV, the Three...

https://youtu.be/JjkhwVsN4MU

V/R
Smokey
www.maf.org

PS: As my late training partner "Guppy" in F-16 RTU once told someone: Don't quit...it's worth it. :)

Last edited:
Great Videos

Hey guys thanks so much for posting up the videos. They sure do help keep me modivated! I?m getting close to being done just need to build up a paint booth and get her painted then out to the airport for final assembly. My fingers and cracked and bleeding from sanding fiberglass so I must be close! I did plumb up a fuel line the other and hit the starter switch for the first time and she fired right up! I was so shocked I actually left my finger on the switch way to long thinking there is no way it just started right up. Happy to say just one simple fuel leak at a lose transducer connection. I built The engine myself and made all the inverted oil lines so I was expecting at least one oil leak but so far so good. Here is my first RV4 video, just the build up and start of the engine.

https://splice.gopro.com/v?id=7aoYwE

Back