What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Carpet (Classic Aero)

Luke D

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hey Everyone,

We've been working on carpet for the RV-14(14A). Here are some preview pictures of the final version. We are not quite ready to take orders on the whole thing, but I'll put a link at the bottom for ordering the front and baggage carpet.

Carpet with Aviator seats:
2163-lrg.jpg

Aluminum trim rings:
2161-lrg.jpg

Tunnel carpet and fuel valve trim ring:
2160-lrg.jpg

Modified 12V outlet with trim ring:
2159-lrg.jpg

2162-lrg.jpg

We are only taking orders for part of the carpet right now. You can click the link below for information:

RV-14/14A Carpet >>

Wow, does that look great! I only wish you all made something like this for the 10.

Nice job!!

I'm excited - helps motivate me on my build and visualize what the interior can look like. Thanks for posting this!!!

Looks great! Question, although I like everything that Aerosport makes for the RV10, what has made Classic Aero, Flightline, etc, back out of making products for the -10, and virtually allow Aerosport to have the one key to that market? It seems at one time all the mainstream RV interior product manufacturers began into the RV10 market but then discontinued.

Looks great! Question, although I like everything that Aerosport makes for the RV10, what has made Classic Aero, Flightline, etc, back out of making products for the -10, and virtually allow Aerosport to have the one key to that market? It seems at one time all the mainstream RV interior product manufacturers began into the RV10 market but then discontinued.

Hi Brad,

I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason we don't offer products for the RV-10 really came down to timing, and resources. We invested quite a bit into the RV-10. That was right about when the financial collapse of 2008-2009 happened, and we still had a lot more to invest to get to finished products. Due to slower sales at that time, we decided to shelve the RV-10, and expand our existing product lines.

A little side note here. I think most of our customers tend to think of us in terms of a traditional upholstery shop. What I mean is that you can walk into most upholstery shops, and ask them to make an interior for pretty much what ever you have (the "one off" approach). When you order a product from us, we've already spent many hours (hundreds in some cases) developing the product. This development includes not only upholstery patterns and foam design, but manufacturing processes for sheet metal cutting, sheet metal forming, gluing, packaging, plastics, machining, etc.

The reason I mention this is because we have to consider a number of factors when we think about a new product. If a new product was going to cost say $10000 to develop, we have to think about how many articles we expect to sell in order to reasonably spread that cost out. If another company already has a well established product that is comparable, then of course we have to take that into account.

Sorry for the long winded reply, but sometimes I like to take the opportunity to give customers a little more insight into what we do, and why we do it that way. At the end of the day most of our decisions are really just dictated by our customers and the realities of the marketplace.

Best regards,

RV-10 Interior

One of the VAF sponsors (South Florida Sport Aviation) makes a great interior package for the 10. I have been to their hangar in FL and got to see the full interior installed and it is very high quality.

Luke,

A great backstory that makes lots of sense.

There are plenty of smaller manufacturers now that support the RV community and by staying grounded and realistic, it allows each one to flourish and develop with their own customer base and sufficient business to thrive.

Whether it is in interiors - we have had 2 from you - 1 RV7 and 1 RV8, our RV14 will have the third in a year or so, to gizmo manufacturers, splatty manufacturers, fly by night boy manufacturers etc etc, you all fill a niche, you all have supporters and you are all well appreciated.

Even though I enjoy our build process, there are many areas that I defer to more experienced people because I want my finished airplane to have that ramp presence Wow factor.

To quote Hedley......

Go do, that Voodoo, that you do, soooooo well :D

The pictures don't do this justice

I was at Synergy when Luke installed this interior in Chuck's beautiful new RV-14.

As with everything I've seen from Luke and Jeremiah - it is exceptionally well thought out and executed. I look forward to seeing what they come up with for the full RV-14 interior.

Given how many RV-14's are under construction right now at Synergy and elsewhere, I suspect Classic's interior will be very popular.

As someone also building an RV-10, I'm hopeful Classic will reevaluate the market and find a business case for their RV-10 interior - despite the somewhat crowded field.

Thanks Mike and Krea for the nice comments and for your support. It's very much appreciated.

Mike, we try to keep improving things, so hopefully your RV-14 interior will be the best yet.

Krea, we'll see on the RV-10. If something changes the equation, we'll sure consider it.

Back