What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Bust

32 nm radius on that TFR, 0-18,000 ft. I don't get it, but there are a lot of things I don't understand.

My -7 was within the TFR, but was flying very low, given that it was missing a finishing kit and the recommended high value items north of the firewall. It did a few rolls, tho, while fitting the fuel lines. ;-)

Couldn't see the intercept. I was in a hangar when I heard somebody stroking in and out of AB so I stepped outside to see what was going on. The jet was making circles around the target driving it towards the airport.
Shortly after I heard AB again and they were pushing something up higher away towards Sacramento/Stockton.

Couldn't see the intercept. I was in a hangar when I heard somebody stroking in and out of AB so I stepped outside to see what was going on. The jet was making circles around the target driving it towards the airport.
Shortly after I heard AB again and they were pushing something up higher away towards Sacramento/Stockton.

Question, what is AB?

Seems odd to use AB herding a c150.....! Imagine it works. Wonder how many more mis the big picture today with our hero in town. :rolleyes:
Didn't hear of any yesterday.

With modern tools like ADS-B, Skyvector, EFIS's, etc. it is pretty hard to miss a huge TFR like for the POTUS or Superbowl.

They look like this
screenshot-N5771H-SN03222-13.0.3.3233-20151011-142250-943-en_US-M.png

With modern tools like ADS-B, Skyvector, EFIS's, etc. it is pretty hard to miss a huge TFR like for the POTUS or Superbowl.

They look like this
screenshot-N5771H-SN03222-13.0.3.3233-20151011-142250-943-en_US-M.png

That's really nice, but not everyone has a view like that. The plane I'm flying is only a few years old and doesn't display TFRs on the panel (yet, it will eventually). The last one I flew had a panel from the 1970s and it didn't either. Ya still gots ta check before ya fly. One neglects the briefing at one's own peril. :)

A few circles burned more cost in fuel than the 152 would be worth.

This has become ridiculous.

Oh yeah...!

I find avnwx.Com is a fast way to see conditions around and where I'm thinking of heading. Settings show tfrs easy peasy. Fast way to see trends and anything you need to consider prior to flight. Then get more details.
I flew into this last TFR with a filed flight plan and would have been cool going into KHWD but landed 1 minute before it was effective.....:)

Back