What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cylinder overhaul shop recommendations

vasrv7a

Well Known Member
I've got an RV-7A with an AeroSport Power 0-360 that's looking like it has a #3 cylinder ring problem. I may need to get the cylinder honed and re-ringed. Can I get a couple of good recommendations for cylinder shops in the lower 48 (preferably in the South) that do good, reliable cylinder work. Sending my cylinder back up to AeroSport in Canada to be worked on is not my best logistical option...

Thanx.

Victor

+1 For Don George

I have used him for overhauls, as well ----- the maintenance shop, here, on the field, also sends their work to him.

R.

Zephyrhills is a great engine shop. If I was going to get a jug worked on, that's where I would take it, especially being in FL.

The Don George shop did 2 sets of cylinders for me last year. My 540 cylinders broke in instantaneously. 20 hours since first start. Time to change oil now and haven't used a quart yet. Belly is bone dry.

Same issue

Just seeing this post now and unhappily report a warm compression test of 69/80 on #3 during a condition inspection this month with virtually all the flow coming from the oil filler tube, indicating ring seepage as well. Hope this is not a trend with Aero-Sport engines. Looking back from new, #3 always had the lowest compression results of all the cylinders.

Back