What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lord mount installation

sblack

Well Known Member
I bought lord mounts from vans but in the rv4 dwgs I can't find any installation instructions. I am not sure which way around they go and where the large washers go. I went to the Lord site thinking I could find a manual but no such luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The set came with 4 large washers and 2 slightly smaller but still large washers and a nut and bolt kit.

There is good info in that article but the pictures are just too small to really see what is happening. I am trying to figure out if the 2 slightly smaller washers are mandatory or just optional to accomodate sag?

I found out the hard way that my mounts had two different length bolts. The long ones went on the bottom to accomodate the extra washer.

I got the engine on the mount this weekend. The mount is on a car engine stand. Getting those lord mounts on is a bear, but we finally figured out you have to put the rubber on a bit crooked on the 2nd side, and it gets pulled into alignment as you tighten the bolt. We had to put a couple of washers in in some cases to make sure we didn't shank the bolt, but it all worked. Now I can start sticking stuff on the engine, which is a very pleasant break from riveting. And I can move the engine around the shop with ease. BTW the VANS baffle kit is a great value and fits well. It would take me months to make that by hand.

Back