What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

will it fit

The sump on the C1C faces backwards. You'll need a forward- or downward-facing angle-valve sump and intake tubes, like on the IO-360-A1A. The prop governor is also front-mounted, so if you're going CS, you'll need to make arrangements for that as well.

I'm currently dealing with this as I have the O-360-F1A6, which is similar, but parallel-valve and non-injected.

I have a parallel valve C case engine. I put a forward facing M sump on mine and it works great. You have to love the front governor mount. I also don't have a vacuum pump so there is all kinds of room between the engine and firewall. Don

The -C model sump can be modified for forward facing throttle body. There is a cast -in pad on the front that can be machined.

BUT... I think the sump sits further back than the -A model sump and will hit the -A nose gear weldment.

I don't think it will work for you. Sorry

Karl

IO-360-C1C in RV8

I am considering the C1C for my RV8. I understand I will have to modify the rear induction to forward, which I think I can handle. But can I leave the front mounted prop governor where it is? And do the wider angle valve cylinders fit in an RV-8 cowl without modification? Thanks

2cwubdz.jpg

Back