VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-24-2018, 01:20 PM

Default Aerosport Rudder Trim

I just completed the condition inspection on my RV-9A.

I usually do an improvement project or two as part of the condition inspection, and this year, since I finally got the plane painted I wanted to add a rudder trim (rather than the trim tab I forgot to get painted).

I ordered the Aerosport Products trim tab. One of my neighbors, had just installed one on his RV-10 and loved it.

After I didn't receive it for a week or so I called Aerosport power to check on the status. They said, the were in the process of redesigning the unit and using a 3D printer rather than machining the assembly, and asked if I would be willing to try out the new version.

I have some experience with 3D printers, and I was a bit skeptical of the strength of the printed parts, but I figured why not, lets give it a try.

I have to say I'm impressed with the strength and quality of the parts. They are printed using a nylon process, and while I didn't attempt to break the anything, they have a significantly stronger feel than the ABS printed parts I have done.

The install was a bit of a pain (mostly the crawling under the panel of my RV-9A), but straightforward enough and didn't take very long.

Overall, I'm quite please with the update, and continue to be amazed by what the 3D printing technology is doing.

-Dan
Old 04-24-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweyant View Post
After I didn't receive it for a week or so I called Aerosport power to check on the status. They said, the were in the process of redesigning the unit and using a 3D printer rather than machining the assembly, and asked if I would be willing to try out the new version.

I have one of the machined versions and have not yet installed it on my 7. Will you please post pictures so we can 1) see new version of system 2) installation of new system. Besides materials I'm curious to know more of this redesign.
Pazmany PL-1 N2029 (bought & sold)
RV7 - N537TC (reserved & building)
Emp, Wings & Fuse done - working on FWF

"The air is an extremely dangerous, jealous and exacting mistress. Once under the spell most lovers are faithful to the end, which is not always old age." - Winston Churchill
Old 04-24-2018, 07:38 PM

Here are some pictures of the new Aerosport Products Rudder Trim System. The system works just like the old system and mounts in the same holes. We feel after testing they will be a much better unit with a lot less parts. We redesigned this unit to be 3D printed on Our HP printer. We went from 27 parts to 7 not including hardware. They are also about half the weight as the old ones. We are still doing some Beta testing but we will start shipping these soon.

The cost will be
$195.00 plus shipping. Call us to purchase one.
http://www.aerosportproducts.com

Old 04-25-2018, 04:43 AM

will it work with the controlapproach rudder pedals? there aren't two torque bars like stock vans rudder pedals.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:55 PM

Default Any updates on the new version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosport1 View Post
Here are some pictures of the new Aerosport Products Rudder Trim System. The system works just like the old system and mounts in the same holes. We feel after testing they will be a much better unit with a lot less parts. We redesigned this unit to be 3D printed on Our HP printer. We went from 27 parts to 7 not including hardware. They are also about half the weight as the old ones. We are still doing some Beta testing but we will start shipping these soon.

The cost will be
$195.00 plus shipping. Call us to purchase one.
http://www.aerosportproducts.com

Just curious if the beta test is complete? Iím wanting to order one.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:10 PM

Default Control approach pedals

It would seem that it could work with the CA pedals if Aerosport could adjust the tube diameter on the arms...

RV-10
Structure - 90% Done
Cabin Top - Aaarrghhh...
Doors - Done
On Gear
290 HP Barrett Hung
ShowPlanes Cowl with Skybolts Fitted - Beautiful

Dues Paid 2017,...Thanks DR+
Old 07-31-2018, 09:00 AM

We can adjust the diameter. We just need to find out what that is. If someone has that information send it to me at geoff@aerosportproducts.com.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosport1 View Post
We can adjust the diameter. We just need to find out what that is. If someone has that information send it to me at geoff@aerosportproducts.com.
I'll measure it for you now Geoff if you could tell me exactly where the measurement needs to be taken. I would love this product on my airplane.
RV10 - Empennage (Started March 2017)
St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
2017 dues paid
Reserved:C-GRPY (GRumPY)