Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-26-2018, 08:27 PM

Default The Texas Loop finale and Sort of an RV Trip

Hello Again VAF'ers!
Shortly after my last post on our Texas Loop, Roy and I parked 174RT at Aero Country where Dave and Alina were our gracious hosts. The morning after tucking our plane away in their hangar, the four of us drove to DFW to board a Big Silver Tube. Our destination: Roatan, Honduras. Our mission: Scuba Diving. Several other RV-fliers, from last year’s trip to the Antilles, were joining us, and already at DFW, having flown in from L.A. and the Mid-West. Rosie and Victoria, Gene and Janet – so wonderful to see them again, and to be going on another adventure together, even if it was in a Big Silver Tube. Andrew aka Sharkbait also joined us, but took a more adventurous route through Central America and met us in Roatan.
What a great group to travel with. We had a blast!

Rosie and I

Roy and our Dive Master, Alex

My Mermaid Self

And if our trip wasn’t already wonderful enough, when we arrived back in the U.S. Roy and I, and Dave and Alina met up with Scott and Tanya Card at the Hard 8 BBQ. Our three planes constituted Bravo Flight on last year’s Antilles trip, where we all experienced (as Scott said) some ‘Steely-Eyed Aviating’.
Wonderful Reunion for Bravo Flight and Wow, the BBQ was awesome!

Bravo Flight Re-United

Now THAT's some BBQ!!

Bravo Flight at the Hard 8

There’s much more to the rest of our Texas loop – some interesting, some surprising in a fun way, and more surprises in a not fun way. Best for a blog post. Stay tuned.
What a wonderful community we are a part of! Big Hugs, Bravo Flight and all you RV-Fliers!

Tanya aka Cookie and Scott

http://APlaneHeBuilt.tumblr.com

To Strive, To Seek, To Find, and Not to Yield