What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thank You, U.S. Military!

Scott Chastain

For Zion's sake I will not hold my Peace,
And for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest,
Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,
And her salvation as a lamp that burns.

Isaiah 62:1

Last edited:
MCRD

If you're ever in San Diego on a Friday morning, I suggest stopping in at MCRD and attending the Formal Morning Colors Ceremony. The weekly recruit graduation is a little later in the morning and is awsome. It's easy to get on the base since this is a pretty public event. Of course, I'm partial to the Marines since both of my sons are in the Corp.

Loved it!

Lots of military, vets, and military family herabouts, so I would hope it is at least kind of RV-related.

(And this Navy and Marine Dad enjoyed the vid!)

Thanks Scott.

- - Tom in Sacramento

I've seen so many of these "Support Our Troops" vids that I'm usually pretty disaffected but that one is pretty emotionally compelling to me for some reason. Thank you for the link.

I've seen so many of these "Support Our Troops" vids that I'm usually pretty disaffected but that one is pretty emotionally compelling to me for some reason. Thank you for the link.

"Disaffected"?

Well, Gunny Magare, I'm not disaffected. And thank YOU for your service! :D

I haven't seen my son since he returned from his first deployment to the Sand Box in the spring. I'm taking the day off to drive to O'Hare and meet him and bring him home for Christmas. Since he's the company XO now, he's "too busy" to chat with me like he did in Afghanistan. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Never served myself, but my father and uncle did, and my cousin's an active-duty SEAL.

Thanks to all who served, and thanks for posting this.

Thanking Our Troops

Great video of these freshly minted Marines. Thanks, Scott!
There was a thread a few weeks ago about the currently running PBS documentary "The Way We Get By". If you have not taken the time to watch this program, you really need to do it. (you can also watch it on the PBS web site). http://video.pbs.org/video/1321508265/
The Bangor Troop Greeters have been at the airport to meet and greet the troops on EVERY aircraft that has arrived there, both deploying and coming home. The last count at the close of the program was north of 900,000 troops! I have had the pleasure of sitting with Bill, Joan, and Jerry while waiting for the plane to arrive. It is amazing to me that in their mind, they are not doing anything special, just what needs to be done.
As we give thanks this week in our own ways, please raise a glass and say a prayer for all the men and women that are deployed in harms way.

Last edited:
Scooter,

Thanks for the video.

We will talk when I see you again.
Maybe on the 12K' runway.

Boomer

Back