What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Registration Sleeve

Scott Chastain

"Behold, I send my messenger,
And he will prepare the way before me.
And the Lord whom you seek
Will suddenly come to His temple,
Even the messenger of the covenant
In whom you delight.
Behold, he is coming,"
Says the Lord of hosts.

Malachi 3:1

Last edited:
Searching for Stuff

Many times I look for things like the (Registration Sleeve) and use two search engines called MSN Search and DogPile Search. I tried searching for the registration sleeve using dogpile and got 4 pages of replies.

The thing to remember about your aircraft documents is your holder should be big enough for your operating limitations (8.5x11) too. That document must be onboard too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was not necessary for the documents to be visible, just onboard. I keep mine in a manilla envelope between the passenger seatback and cushion. Undo the velcro at the top of the seatback and drop it in or take it out.

The airworthiness certificate should be visible. Everything else just needs to be "in the aircraft at all times and available to the PIC."

The thing to remember about your aircraft documents is your holder should be big enough for your operating limitations (8.5x11) too. That document must be onboard too.
The operating limitations may be folded up. They do not have to be visible, just in the aircraft.

A Locally Made Registration Holder

This is the registration sleeve that is made here locally in Phoenix for our Deer Valley pilot shop. The window is about 4 1/2X6" and the whole thing is about 5X7". It has a clip on the back that can be removed and a sewn on velcro loop patch as well. I elected to screw mine to the right side passenger kick panel where it is visible yet out of the sun. I believe it retails for $12.95.

IMG_4154a.jpg

Back