What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair radio silence?

cattflight

Well Known Member
Wondering if anyone else has experiened the same issue....

I ordered a fuel selector, fuel pump and filter at the Andair booth at OSH for show special pricing (jusy shy of $1k). They said it would be charged to my CC and ship in 3 weeks with an email notice to alert me. No word yet. I sent 2 emails a few days apart looking for an update....radio silence.

If I didn't see Andair all over the place on VAF and a few other sites, I would think they went OOB. Is this their standard customer service model?

I ordered a black facia plate for my fuel selector also at their booth during the show and it came about a week ago.

Bob

If you do a search ,you will hear many others had the same communication problems but always got their product.

Just got the fuel selector I ordered at Oshkosh. Was starting to wonder. BTW, Andy, the rep was great and I really enjoyed talking to him.

Email doesn't seem to be their strong suit, calling seemst to work better (be aware of the time difference though :) )

Thanks guys. I'll wait it out. The gentleman working their booth at OSH seemed to be the dad of the owner. He kept saying his "son was going to killl him for selling all this stuff at heavy discount" I hope that's not the reason for the delivery delay! :p

Guys,

Andair are alive and well! Let's think about this for a moment - does Andair need us? Probably not as most of their business is with OEMs.
Do we need Andair? Probably yes! The company produces some excellent equipment that works. If they did not support the homebuilt market it would be our loss, they would probably not notice the drop in sales, and would lose 90% of the customer service calls.
So my suggestion is be patient, your order will arrive. I have known Andy for over 20 years, he is a homebuilder at heart and has built an RV-6 and 2 x RV-7s. Owen, his son, now runs the company and designs most of the products.

Pete

I just sent a 3rd note to Andair.... this time to [email protected] as recommended above. Two voicemails were also not returned. Despite us homebuilders being a small part of their business, there's no excuse for such poor customer service. It's not like these are $10 items we're buying. They told me they'd ship in 3 weeks. It's been 8. A simple email reply is all I am looking for to make sure they didn't lose the order or are suffering an extraordinary B/O of products.

Disappointed. I hope the product is as great as everyone suggests.

I don't get the great appeal Andair seems to have, I went with a Newton valve.

Andair makes a beautiful valve, but I have to agree that customer support is not their strong suit. My selector was missing the screws that secure the ports, and the cut-down Allen wrench. I sent an email to the general contact address and never heard back.

I was able to source the screws locally, so not a big deal, but an annoyance.

Use Skype and call and speak to Felicity

I just sent a 3rd note to Andair.... this time to [email protected] as recommended above. Two voicemails were also not returned. Despite us homebuilders being a small part of their business, there's no excuse for such poor customer service. It's not like these are $10 items we're buying. They told me they'd ship in 3 weeks. It's been 8. A simple email reply is all I am looking for to make sure they didn't lose the order or are suffering an extraordinary B/O of products.

Disappointed. I hope the product is as great as everyone suggests.

I had a similar issue that ultimately was resolved. Felicity explained that they have downsized and are mostly engineers and don't have the real budget for customer service personnel. If you can get a hold of Felicity, she'll get it straightened out. I think they just sometimes get buried and it takes them a while to get caught up.. it's problem they are aware of.

Back