What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8/8A Builders/Flyers Meeting at OSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Horton

Well Known Member
In years past there have been one or two RV-8/8A builders meetings in the Theatre in the Woods during the OSH fly-in. Several other builders who frequent the Yahoo RV-8 Group have expressed interest this year, so there should be at least a handful of builders at the Theatre in the Woods at the following dates/times:

Tuesday at 10:15
Thursday at 10:15

Both meetings would be at the Theatre in the Woods. If it is raining, we will meet under the roof. If it is not raining, we can meet just outside on the end away from the stage. I'll bring stick-on name tags and markers, so we can identify the people who belong to the names we've seen online.

At one point, I had hoped to fly my RV to OSH this year. There is no way that will happen, but maybe I will have flown by then. My wife and I will drive down. She is originally from Green Bay, so will spend the week visiting sisters while I bake (or drown) at OSH.

[ed. I closed the thread after the event so we can start a new thread for '09. dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Plans to Osh are still being firmed up but if Im there Ill be at the one on thur, possibly as I am really interested in the jet pack being shown at 9 on tues. That is of course unless some other thing grabs my attention, but diversions never happen at Osh.................yeh right. Ok so Im a real Ill try and be there anyway.

RV-8 Builders at OSH

Kevin:

I'm working on it. Hope to be there. If people were sending me Benjimins like they are Doug, it would help!:D:D:D

Flying Leads to Making Tough Choices

At one point, I had hoped to fly my RV to OSH this year. There is no way that will happen, but maybe I will have flown by then.

Kevin,

If you fly it before OSH, you'll be tempted to either not come at all (having too much fun in the RV) or go criminal by flying outside of your Phase I radius. Gee, that's a tough choice! Either way, I'll look forward to meeting you there . . .

I'll be there!

Kevin, I'll be there for sure on Tues. arriving on Friday the 35th. May head back home on Wed. Go ahead and make the name tag! I'll be camping in Scholler Campgrounds. Hope people will feel free to stop by and say hello. Exact location will be registered at the camp locator booth.

N8RV Where are you?

So....Where is the post by the original RV-8/8A organizer Mr. N8RV himself?
What do you say Don?

So....Where is the post by the original RV-8/8A organizer Mr. N8RV himself?
What do you say Don?

Oh, I'll be there, Danny. As I posted on the e-mail forum, I was just about to post something to see if there was any interest when Kevin jumped in and took charge. Good things indeed come to those who wait! :D

And, with very little provocation, Bob Dimeo volunteered to bring some donuts in the Pavlovian response that took years to develop in him.

So, we're golden. I even have some leftover nametags if Kevin runs out. Might also bring along some well-used Sharpies, too.

It's almost an annual reunion for all of us slow-builders ...:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd like to stop by and introduce myself. I'm not building yet, just gathering my penny's, making my plans, and learning what I need to get smart on.

See you Tuesday

I am parking the EMS helicopter that week and will see you on Tuesday.

Tim Fitzpatrick
Tail complete
Wings Arrive this wedensday between 12:00 and 2 pm. :)

OSH

Thanks Kevin. I hope to be there Tues @ 10:15. Let me know if I can bring anything; will be driving up from MKE. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back