What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's RV Documentary

n41va

OK here we go again! I have started and stopped this project a few times. But things are coming together like they should this go around.

We will be working on a Van's RV Documentary this year. Producer is in place and we have started writing the outline. The main theme is promoting General Aviation and showing that flying can bring families together. We also want to show that most people can accomplish the goal of building and flying.

This may turn into a 2 part film. Part one will tell the story of Van's and of my Dad's background building and flying.

Part 2 will be me building a replica of my Dad's airplane and taking on a Around The World Flight in an RV-8.

I am currently a commercial Helicopter pilot and have access to an amazing Cineflex and camera setup for the helicopter, so the aerial shots are going to be amazing!

I would love everybody's thoughts and ideas on this film. We aren't cutting any corners and will need plenty of aviators to join the film. We will plan on visiting RV builders all over the country and in different parts of the world, so please reach out to us with your stories and experiences.

The website will be up later this week and I will post it here. In the meantime, Id love to hear any thoughts from the RV community.

If in NC..

We would love to be part of it if you visit NC. My wife and I have both met Dick in OSH (like many others) and we shared our story of getting married in our RV-4 with a formation of 5 planes over our home airport...a true love for the RV !

We would love to be part of it if you visit NC. My wife and I have both met Dick in OSH (like many others) and we shared our story of getting married in our RV-4 with a formation of 5 planes over our home airport...a true love for the RV !
Ditto for us. We are not far from Bill.

I have made a few short clips of things that an RV can do. If you have a better camera (I have both a GoPro and couple of lipstick cameras, these were taken with the lipstick cameras.) I will be happy to film some cool shots out east that you can seed your film with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GeVYYGeqpg&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc8omAjU2_U

Back