What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KDVT hanger advice needed

SJordan

Well Known Member
Hi guys,
I'm finishing up my -4 at home and will soon have a hanger at DVT. Starting to get "hanger" tools in order. Looks like there may be some good Labor Day sales on air compressors. My question is how good is the power in the hangers at Deer Valley? Do they have tha ability to run a 1.6hp compressor? My dad has a hanger down at Marana it he can barely run a drop light without massive voltage drop and breaker popping. Don't want to buy a hanger compressor that my hanger can't support. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Shawn.

Most of the north side hangers have a 20 AMP breaker. Some of us plug into the socket with a 15A power strip because it is a real hassle to call the airport every time the 20A CB trips. A 1.6HP compressor should be fine.

Most of the north side hangers have a 20 AMP breaker. Some of us plug into the socket with a 15A power strip because it is a real hassle to call the airport every time the 20A CB trips. A 1.6HP compressor should be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply. Does each hanger have its own dedicated 20amp breaker? So if you pop the breaker you can't gain access to the circuit breaker box to reset it? How are the lights in the hangers? Will they allow you to add some additional hanging lights?

Thanks Again for the help.

Back