Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2018, 06:56 PM

Wink RV7 in SoDak

Hi my name is Chris, I have been lurking around here for 5 or 6 years now. I have wanted to build a plane for as long as I can remember, but when I discovered Vans planes I knew I had to build one of them. I recently found a untouched 2008 rv7 empennage kit locally and got a good deal on it, so I am going to be building a rv7! I have rounded up pretty much all the tools I'm going to need for now anyway. I did order the practice kits from vans and I will start with them first. I plan to keep this thread updated but I don't know how often that will be, I have a very busy life right now. I'm thinking the build is going to be a slow one for now, but that will give me time to save money for the next kit! Anyway I decided to build drdt-2 rather than buy the whole thing. I am not much of a welder so don't beat me up to bad when you see the pics.
Here I have all the pieces cut ready to weld.

Got the frame welded together.

test fitting the ram before welding the plate on

The finished product! It really wasn't hard to build at all.

I am really looking forward to this project and am so glad I have this site to help me on my journey!

[ed. Good morning Chris! Until you figure out how to imbed images, here is the link for folks to see them. https://sdrvbuilder.smugmug.com/Drdt-2/. v/r,dr]

Last edited by cpfeifer : 08-08-2019 at 09:44 PM.