What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plug for Oil Filter Adapter

sblack

Well Known Member
I have a B&C oil filter adapter. It has a 5/8" x 18 threaded hole for the temp probe. The accessory case has the same hole. I only have 1 probe so I have to plug the hole. I can't find a straight threaded plug (I can find lots of npt plugs but that doesn't help). Should I just stick a short bolt in there with a crush washer?

plug

A 470/520 oil drain plug would work and normally around 5.00. also comes with safety wire holes. You should be able to get one from a local engine shop.

Jesse
Colorado Air Parts

A 470/520 oil drain plug would work and normally around 5.00. also comes with safety wire holes. You should be able to get one from a local engine shop.

Jesse
Colorado Air Parts

Jesse, Scott,
Is there a part number for the 470/520 plug? I'll be needing one soon too.

plug

Plug number is 532432 or superior makes it SA532432 and a MS35769-11 gasket. I have them in stock if you cannot find them locally.

Jesse

I bought one from summit, well, I thought it was one, but it turned out to be a box of 5! I had to drill it for safety wire but that was easy.

FWIW

I had the same problem a while back and ended up going to the local hardware store and buying the shortest bolt with that thread they had.
I just cut off the extra length, drilled a hole in the head for safety wire, added a crush washer and was all done for less than $2

Back