VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-26-2018, 05:15 AM

I received a mail back from Steve and he said he wasn't sure how well his Amazon version would do 18AWG, given that it is listed as only being capable of diameters up to 20AWG. I've ordered another red handled beast from a different supplier that is listed as being suited for DTM connectors. I'll give it a crack and will let you all know if it works on these 18AWG wires.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Deutsch-...257Ciid%253A78

Cheers,
Tom.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:23 AM

There are positioners for the DMC AFM-8 for Deutsch connectors. Don't remember the numbers offhand, but they're in the DMC Tooling Guide.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:16 AM

Hi All,

I finally coughed up the coin and purchased an AMF8 crimp tool. After much digging, I also found a positioner that fits the Deutsch DTM pins. It's the K1S (sometimes sold as just the K1) positioner. I tried it today it sets the perfect depth and will allow you to crimp up to 18AWG wires into the DTM pins (even though the AFM8 says it will only take up to 20AWG) which is what I am using for my tip lighting. Thought I should close the loop on this one.

Cheers,

Tom.